Control how Arpio protects and recovers your AWS resources by setting "configuration tags" on resources in your primary environment.
You can control how Arpio protects and recovers your AWS resources by setting configuration tags on resources in your primary environment.
Configuration tags are tags you set using AWS's normal tagging APIs or through the AWS management console. Arpio reads these tags when it creates recovery points, and uses the tag values as they were when the recovery point was created to control how resources are recovered when you test and fail over your applications.
Arpio configuration tags are normal AWS tags, which means they have a textual name and an optional textual value. All configuration tags have a name that starts with "arpio-config:", but the format of the rest of the tag name varies with the type of the configuration tag and resource type it's being applied to. The value is always specific to the configuration tag type and resource type.
Arpio only reads and follows configuration tags that are set on resources in your primary environment. If you set configuration tags on resources in your recovery environment, Arpio ignores them when it manages those resources (and it may overwrite them there).
If you use an incorrect key format in your configuration tags, Arpio generally ignores the tag. If you use an incorrect value format, Arpio generally tells you about the problem, so you can fix it promptly. Test your applications regularly to ensure your configuration tags are working as you expect. You can verify the recovery environment configuration using the AWS management console or APIs.
Supported Arpio Configuration Tags
arpio-config:application:environment: - set or override variables inside recovered Elastic Beanstalk environments
- arpio-config:availability-zone - direct a subnet to be recovered in a specific availability zone in your recovery region
- arpio-config:depends-on: - control the order in which Arpio recovers your resources
- arpio-config:drs-device-name - override a device name when managing recovery with real-time replication and DRS
- arpio-config:ignore - prevent resources from being shown in the Arpio console and being included in recovery points
- arpio-config:renumber: - map a VPC's IPv4 CIDR block to a different IPv4 CIDR block in the recovery environment
- arpio-config:stream:BatchSize - Configure the maximum number of items sent in a batch to the Arpio DynamoDB replication function
- arpio-config:stream:MaximumBatchingWindowInSeconds - Configure the batching window duration for the Arpio DynamoDB replication function
- arpio-config:stream:ParallelizationFactor - Configure the maximum number of items processed concurrently by the Arpio DynamoDB replication function
- arpio-config:tag: - set or override tags on recovered resources